The Maxime Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A school where those with special abilities can live in the company of one another, and get a higher education.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roxanne
Admin
Roxanne

Rules           Empty
PostSubject: Rules    Rules           Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

How to get started.
You are a young mutant, who has just been sent to The Maxime Institute. You must first create an account, which is your first and last name; after this post on the Characters thread, which states all general information about your character. Once you have posted your character, the Admins will look over it, and if we approve you will be moved to the Approved Characters thread; after which you may begin posting.

Posting.
You may create new posts, or post under topics already made. Most students will want to start out at the Main Entrance, or the office. There, you can start your adventure and meet new people. And remember, always post in third person, example: Mary walked into the room "Wow! This is amazing, I think I'll stay here."

Forums.
There are several topics for you to choose form to post on. You are free to create your own topics, or post on ones that are already there. Like any school, there are certain rules. Breaking the rules will result in detention. Go ahead and post just about whatever you want, just keep it PG-13 please. Any explicit scenes must fade to black.

Lessons.
Lessons are simple; you will get asked questions, depending on what class your in, and answers will go towards your grade. Every now and then a teacher may assign homework. Don't worry, the teachers won't assign huge assignments. Even though this is a school, we want you to focus on your actual school work more.

Common Rooms and Dorms.
There are several dorm rooms for students to choose from. This is where you will be sleeping, and making your home. I will remind you all, boys need to stay out of the girl's dorm rooms, and vise versa. There will be about five students to a dorm room, so choose your room and roommates wisely. In the dorms are just the basics, if you wish to swap anything in or out that is fine, just make sure it's alright with your roommates.
The common rooms are somewhere for people to meet and enjoy themselves. Boys and Girls are allowed in each others Common Rooms, but only until 10pm.

Training Rooms.
The training rooms are used to train and practice your powers. When you start out, you obviously won't have that much control over your powers, so this is where you can learn control on your own time. You can either train individually, or have group battles, both are perfectly fine just remember to sign up first.

School Rules
The rules here are like any regular school. I don't think I need to explain too much into this, if you have any specific questions about rules please PM me.

Canon Characters and Relations
Yes, yes of course we all want to be related to the great Charles Xavier, or Magneto, or the Phoenix; although, obviously we cannot. Yes, relations to canons are accepted here at The Maxime Institute, but they will need to be approved. We don't want Wolverine to have seventeen misbegotten children, now do we? Likewise, you are allowed to play as a Canon character, but this also needs to be approved. Also know, that if you choose to play out a canon character, then we, the mods, will be watching closely to make sure you stay in character.

Headmistress' Office.
This is Roxanne's office, it is open at all times. Students and teachers can come in here for anything from asking questions, detentions or even just having a chat.

If there are any more questions, feel free to PM me. I hope everyone enjoys their time here, and welcome to the Maxime Institute!
Back to top Go down
https://maximeinstitute.rpg-board.net

Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Maxime Institute :: Welcome :: Rules and FAQs-
Jump to: